Governor and Commissioner Release Transportation Improvement Plan for 2018-2020
Tuesday, May 09, 2017 | 9:38am
Passage of IMPROVE Act and One-Time Funding Increases Move Several Key Projects Forward
NASHVILLE – Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and Tennessee Department of Transportation Commissioner John Schroer today released TDOT’s annual three year transportation program, featuring approximately $2.6 billion in infrastructure investments for 101 individual project phases in 40 counties, as well as 15 statewide programs.
The three-year program is more robust than previous years, due to funding increases through the IMPROVE Act, which is projected to raise an additional $150 million to meet the state’s infrastructure needs in FY 2018. This increase, combined with $120 million repayment to the highway fund, provides the necessary funds to move several backlogged and new transportation projects forward in the first year of the program. Those include:
Blount-Knox Counties, US 129 (SR 115/Alcoa Highway)
Widening from SR 35 to proposed interchange at Tyson Boulevard
Widening from North of Little River to North of Maloney Road
Davidson County, I-440
Pavement rehabilitation and safety improvements from I-40 to I-24
Hamilton County, I-75
Reconstruction of interchange at I-24
Shelby County, US 78 (SR 4/Lamar Avenue)
Widening from Mississippi state line to south of Shelby Drive
“The IMPROVE Act is a comprehensive, conservative and responsible plan that directly addresses how we fund our roads and bridges for the first time in 30 years. Many of these projects would not have moved forward for several years without this additional infrastructure investment,” Gov. Haslam said. “With this additional funding, TDOT can keep our transportation network safe, reliable and debt-free for the next generation of Tennesseans while spurring economic growth in communities across the state.”
The IMPROVE Act also identifies 526 locally owned bridges across Tennessee. With the new funding in place, TDOT has included a new funding category for the High Priority Bridge program in its overall budget. A delivery schedule for those bridges should be complete in the near future.
In addition to the 2018 budgeted program, partial plans for 2019 and 2020 are included, along with funding for 15 transportation programs including Rockfall Mitigation, Spot Safety Improvement, and the statewide HELP Program. The program also provides funding for transit agencies in all 95 counties, as well as Metropolitan and Rural Planning Organizations.
To view a complete list of projects and programs funded through the 2018-2020 three-year multimodal program, visit http://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/tdot/attachments/Three_Year_Transportation_Plan_(FY_18-20).pdf.
- See more at: http://www.tn.gov/tdot/news/50337#sthash.NFCHB9Ng.dpuf
Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 2840 square feet
* One of Green Hills most sought-after streets
* Renovated kitchen including stainless Viking appliances, granite, tile backsplash, soft-close cabinets, recessed lights, wine cooler
* Hardwoods throughout up and down and amazing moldings throughout
* Enormous bedrooms (all 4), living room, formal dining room and eat-in kitchen
* Incredible covered courtyard - everyone's favorite spot
* Perfect master suite or guest suite on main level
* Zoned for Julia Green Elem; walk to Woodmont Park, less than a mile to the Green Hills mall, 1.5 miles to Hillsboro Village
* Two fireplaces; 2-car garage and real stucco
* Roof in 2012, HVAC in 2011
* Extensive home renovations in last 2 years: kitchen, new windows in entire home, renovated upstairs bathroom, new covered courtyard & more.
* 2152 GOLF CLUB LANE - $645,000
Final reappraisal: Nashville property values soar by record 37 percent
Cleveland Park, McFerrin Park and East Hill used to be parts of East Nashville ignored by developers.
But now this area is a magnet for home makeovers, new restaurants and urban-inspired condos, setting the pace for the city’s massive increase in property values.
Reappraisal notices are in the mail, and the spike is even larger than expected.
Spurred by Nashville's breakneck growth, Davidson County's property values have soared by a record median 37 percent since 2013 under a reappraisal performed by the office of Davidson County Property Assessor Vivian Wilhoite. The reappraisal accounts for commercial and residential properties.
Wilhoite, in her first year in that role, informed Metro Council members of the final reappraisal figure in a letter Friday. She said property owners should begin receiving mailed notices of the changes in values as early as Friday.
In Nashville's most rapidly gentrifying neighborhoods — including large stretches of East Nashville, parts of North Nashville, The Nations in West Nashville, and Wedgewood-Houston near the city’s fairgrounds — values have skyrocketed the most.
It means these neighborhoods will be taking on a significantly larger tax burden than they’re accustomed.
“The growing demand for real estate in the Nashville market drives up values,” Wilhoite said.
Continue reading at...
Homes today are bought & sold quickly, and they are often treated like a widget, just another interchangeable product. But each home has a story. And those details - those intangible & personal specifics - are what buyers often want to know the most. Square footage, bedrooms, and bathrooms will always be important. But it's not everything.
Here is the HOME MOVIE for POST & CO'S newest listing at 4348 Oakcrest Lane in Hermitage.
- Located in Historic Palatka, Fl, The Gem City of the St. Johns River, & just 30 mi to beautiful Atlantic beaches this riverfront beauty embodies the southern charm of days gone by. Imagine yourself sitting on the porch enjoying the Fl breezes rolling in from the gorgeous St. Johns River. Or observing the manatees from your dock as they swim by & birdwatching from the lrg back yard. If boating is your thing, St. Johns River offers miles & miles of fresh water navigation & points of entry to the Atlantic Ocean. This home speaks to the soul embracing you with the custom millwork throughout, spacious rms & beautiful lead glass built -ins. Known as the Wilson house, this home was built by the Wilson family that owned & operated the Wilson Cypress Plant in Palatka. Specialty cypress wood was used during construction creating a one of a kind homestead that has been enjoyed for years and years. With loving hands, this home deserves to be restored to all its potential glory. The front entrance way at the first level welcomes you immediately to river front views & spacious rms: living, dining, parlor, kitchen, 1/2 bath, full handicap bath, laundry room & several lrg porches both open and screened. 2 beautiful staircases take you to the 2nd level where you'll find 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and 3 sun rms. The 3rd level is semi-finished attic space featuring cedar wood closets. Rarely do you find basements in Fl but this one has one! There is so much potential here...the river says come & play, the home says come & live!
* 1105B Boscobel Ave...$469,977
* 3BR, 2.5BA, 2,092 sq ft
* Like-new home (built in 2015) on one of east Nashville's premier streets
* Features granite, stainless steel appliances, hardwoods, tile backsplash, craftsman trimwork, tankless water heater, & more.
* Open concept living. Coffered ceilings, custom cabinetry, designer fixtures and paint, and gas fireplace.
* Luxury master suite & vaulted ceilings in the other upstairs bedrooms.
* Covered back porch and fenced backyard with off street parking and coveted alley access
* Washer, dryer, refrigerator, and high-end sound system with speakers through ALL REMAIN
* Immaculate condition; move-in ready
* Walkable to Five Points & Lockeland Springs. Minutes to places like Jeni's, Two Ten Jack, Lockeland table, and more.
* Call 615.414.3270 with questions or to schedule a showing
* 2BR, 2.5BA, 1236 sq ft
* Hardwoods on main level & stairs
* Craftsman-style architecture with a killer front porch
* Open floor plan; recessed lights with designer lighting and most of the home freshly painted
* Hip kitchen with granite, maple cabinets, and stainless steel appliances
* Large bedrooms with upgraded carpet and plenty of storage
* Private location backing to woods - deck for entertaining
* Low HOA fee of only $85/month
* Security system
* Immaculate Condition; move-in ready
* Convenient to Nashville, Brentwood, and many stores and restaurants
* $184,977 - will be listed Friday, March 3rd
* Call 615.414.3270 with questions or for more info